Elle Griffin set off to pursue her dream: a modern magazine focused on spirituality for women. After growing it over time, the opportunity presented itself for her to go full time with it— she was going to live the dream! A project she started, and grew, and now it’s a dream job!
And then… it turned out NOT to be what she wanted.
This raises the question: what happens when your dreams shift? What happens when you get your dream job and do your dream work, but it isn’t what you thought it would be?
These are the questions the Elle faced.
We got to talk about her project: Over the Moon Magazine. Why she ultimately pulled the plug on it. And fun things she’s doing now
Listen in here:
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How a successful head of marketing traded a near six-digit paycheck to become an entrepreneur.
- What it can be like to work online from home.
- How Elle managed to have a job and build her online business on the side.
- Why Elle decides to close her business and go back to the corporate world.
- How Elle defines freedom and power for herself in her work.
- How not to get caught up in a false myth around work and freedom.
- The reality of building something online.
- What inspired Elle to create the Over the Moon Magazine and where she’s directing that energy today.
- Elle’s thoughts on “passion” and “calling”.
- How to navigate your career if you have multiple passions.
- Why you need to look at lifestyles inside of an industry we’re interested in.
- How Elle ended up working in marketing in a tech company.
- What Elle is pursuing next.
- Elle’s thought’s on how to be fulfilled in life.
Where to find Elle Griffin online:
French Women Don’t Get Fat – Mireille Guiliano
French Women Don’t Get Facelifts – Mireille Guiliano
Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire – Mireille Guiliano
Free download of Dan’s Annual Review & Goal Setting Guide